Want to do something special? We always have needs beyond the day-to-day that make a significant impact on lives. Below are some of the things we are working on.
- A new motorbike is needed for Field Officers who are now walking long distances to help people, $800
- Preschools continue to grow, we now need 10 more chalkboards so that students can practice their skills, $350.
- It is hard to do without water. We need a well at the goat farm and Farming God’s Way garden, $10,000.
- The Vocational Training Center needs more sewing machines for training. 5 new machines are needed, $700.
- The Vocational Training Center needs an Embroidery machine to produce higher quality products, $2,500.
- We are building a Church/Worship Center in a community that has had no church for more than 50 years, $20,000.
- The Vocational Training Center is expanding to with Salon services. $1,300 will provide another learning option.
- For security purposes we need fencing around several of the properties, $1,300.
- We still have a need for Bibles in Chichewa, so many do not have a Bible. They cost $10 each.
If you can help with one (or even a portion) of the above just click the box for a one-time gift. Be sure to use the comment box on your donation to share with us what the gift is for.
Questions & Answers
Why get involved now? So glad you asked! The success of this new model has been amazing. Now we want to replicate this innovative concept in other areas, areas of even greater need. The intent is to further prove the model can change lives in a sustainable way. Our dream is that one day we will be able to replicate these results in places of need all over Africa. This is just the beginning.
What is the goal? We can do this! It just takes a little from a lot of folks to make a real difference. Our goal is to see 5,000 women and girls sponsored over the next 5 years. This will allow us not only to change the world for these women, but to develop and empower more than 600 local village churches so that they can impact hundreds of thousands.
How much of my gift will go to the work in Africa? We keep our administrative costs low. Like you, we want as much money flowing to the cause as possible. Our goal for administrative expenses is less than 15% of revenues. Our board reviews expenses monthly to insure every penny possible is going to support our mission. Our annual report with details is available each year on our website.
How can I know what my gift is accomplishing in Malawi? Great question! Unless you opt out, we will add you to our monthly email list. Each month we will send you a 1 page email sharing progress, success stories, and updating you on new developments. If you don’t want to receive these updates you can unsubscribe at any time. You can also see regular updates on our blog.
What will my gift be used for? Love this question! If you sponsor a woman or girl, about half of that money goes directly to support your sponsored person. The balance goes to impact lives and create change in the local area she lives in. It supports field officers, transportation, training materials, and Bibles. It support building new schools, providing fresh water wells, tools and materials for vocational training.
What am I committing to? Like your home, it is difficult to plan without a regular income, so recurring gifts are very important to our work. Y-Malawi does not set parameters on your generosity or length of commitment. If you decide to sponsor a woman or girl, we hope that you will consider a 5 year commitment, but you can stop your gift at any time by visiting our donation site and changing your preferences. If you prefer a one-time gift, we welcome whatever you feel called to do.