When children have never seen a Bible, how do you share the message? One way is to teach them using The Wordless Book. Y-Malawi partner Fishers, Trainers and Sending does just that. This tool is being used in Kids Clubs that host nearly 5,000 children each month.
The children have fun making a colorful bracelet. Sometimes they are made of cloth, sometimes of beads, sometimes of yarn. Then together they learn what the colors mean.
- Black represents sin – they learn that all have sinned (Romans 3:23)
- Red represents blood – Jesus blood covers our sins (1 John 1:7)
- White represents purity – Jesus washes away our sins (Psalm 51:7)
- Yellow represents heaven – when we believe, Jesus give eternal life (John 14:2)
- Green represents growth – our job is to grow in the knowledge of the Lord (2 Peter 3:18)
In this way the children can hear and understand the message of the gospel. Better yet, they can use the The Wordless Book to share with their friends and family about what they have learned. It’s a simple tool that makes a lasting impact.